Search Engine Optimization Explained
Search Engine Optimization is a marketing effort focused on getting traffic to your website by increasing visibility in search results.
Before you begin with SEO, you need to have a Search Engine Friendly website. This is a technical term that covers a wide array of website building requirements so that your website can be easily understood by search engines. This includes things like the website structure, usability, and even speed.
When you have Shawna Leigh Designs build your website, we ensure that your website is initially Search Engine Friendly! However, SEO is an on-going effort and you will need to ensure that new content, pages, or anything else that you add to your website is done so in a way that keeps it search engine friendly.
How SEO Generally Works
- Start out with a search engine friendly website.
- Create valuable and useful content, something that is not already done a thousand times. If it is already done, do it better.
- Use an SEO tool like Yoast SEO to help you optimize your content before publishing.
- Once published, encourage your family and friends to share your content on social media websites. The bigger the initial reach, the better!
- Connect with like-minded businesses, websites, or blogs to establish links back to your website’s content.
- Repeat, repeat, repeat… Over time, you will see an increase in your rankings.